The San Francisco Islamic School has a four-step process to admission:
- Apply: For consideration of admission to the SFIS Elementary School families must first fill out the online application form. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Applications can be submitted year round and will be prioritized by date when being considered for admission.
- Assessment/Interview: All applicants will participate in a family interview and student assessment on site. These will be completed by appointment only.
- The family interview will gauge compatibility of the family’s and school’s goals for the student.
- Student assessments gauge academic performance in mathematics and English Language arts.
- Submission of Student records: Most up to date students records must be submitted to the office. Acceptable records:
- Recent progress report
- Report cards from previous academic year
- Families with preschoolers can submit a school generated summary or letter from the preschool teacher commenting on student performance and behavior
- Admission: Families will be notified of admission/denial/wait list
Further steps will be detailed after acceptance.